Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trekking along!

I started off my morning with a nice cool run and it felt good. I am still a little sore but it felt exhilarating. I enjoyed my quite and peaceful renewal. My spiritual cleansing. Until a stupid skunk ran out in front of me. We both scared the daylights out of each other. I am truly happy I didn't scare something else out of him as he ran away and I was back pedaling.

I have just finished reading Ultra-marathon Man by Dean Karnazes. A truly inspirational and uplifting book. I have a renewed sense of life after reading this book. It really brought clarity to my running and the joy I take away from it.

I have another 5K this weekend at Vernon Powell. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I know it's not a race but I want to do well. Here's to a good run. It all goes down after a morning of Peewee soccer at the YMCA and then the fall festival at my oldest daughters school.

No comments:

Post a Comment